This rendition of the wire wheel has been carefully designed from each spoke, barrel, knockoff, and keeping its compact size to reiterate the correct original look.
Now available! Purchase upgraded treaded tires with Brake System!
This wheels set comes complete with 4 alloy rims, 4 rubber tires, and 2 axles. (Cars pictured are for visual purposes only)
- The rims are a real alloy metal sheet and not plastic.
- Will fit almost any hot wheels car.
- Great gift for 1/64 diecast customizer like Hot Wheels, Matchbox and M2 Machines, etc.
- Wheel swap and customize your Hot Wheels diecast.
* Made to fit 1/64 or 1:64 scale model cars such as Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Greenlight, Johnny Lightning, M2, Tomica, and others alike... Modification may be needed for a proper installment.
Watch our WHEELS SWAP GUIDE if it is your first tunning adventure.
If you need tools to finish the work, please click here.
1) Drill out base rivets with roughly a 9/64" drill bit.
2) Take car apart.
3) Pry open / remove base tabs holding in original wheel axles.
---for plastic bases, you can easily pry them open with small flathead screwdriver, or just snap them off with blade/wire cutters.
---for metal bases, you may be able to snap them off with wire cutters (careful as this will send the tab flying across the room!) if you cannot remove the tab entirely, you will need to use dremel disc to grind off the rest of tab.
---if you don't care about the stock wheels/axles, you can also just bend them out to easily cut the axle with wire cutters
4) Replace wheels/axles
---if the custom wheels don't fit because axle is too short/long, you will need to adjust custom axle sets.
---If you didn't overdrill, the base might just snap back together, otherwise you will need to lay car on it's roof and add some super glue onto the posts where the rivets used to be, or use some epoxy putty.
Optional: Lower car's ride height by sanding down the interior that holds the axles.